MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Anyone out there own this years model? Any problems with it other than the usual came jetted to rich stock, oh yea what about spark plugs for it? I heard the oem ngk's aren't cheap something i'm having a hard time selling my dad on. I have a good idea of what its like since I've spent quite a bit of time on an '01 dailing in the jetting for a friend. The reason why I'm asking is I'm going to switch back to a 2 smoke 125. I can't come to terms totally with my '03 250F out on the track. Since i'm only 5'5" I've been struggling alittle bit with the bike's super tall feeling, I feel like I should be on a 250 2 smoke. I can handle the bike fine for the most part but when it comes to jumps I'm half a good as I used to be. I don't have much confidence in the bike when it comes to jumping it and say if I get out of shape, Once the bike starts going where it wants to go it just takes me with it. I'm getting quite tired of this I find myself in this situation when ever the jumps get technical or in deep whoops that are really close. I feel a big time lack of control in the bike I thought I'd just get use to it with time on the bike but it keeps showing up becoming more apparent each time it just about spits me off. I'm going to give the bike to my dad and in a few more months I'm going to pick up a left over 125. I'm very much leaning towards the RM 125 I love the way how it is qwick and very responsive and has like instant throttle snap or maybe a '03 KX 125. I made a mistake in getting the 250F its just too much bike for me to try and race it and expect to be competetive if I was going to just strickly trail ride with the occasional mx ride it be totally perfect. But ever since I've started racing it i've gone from constantly getting in the top 5. To i'm lucky if I finish in the top 5 now. Sure I start faster on the 250F and corner faster but jumps are a huge time killer they can make or break you and since I can't come to terms with the 250F and jumping its been killing me. I'm tired of the bike fusterating me cause I can't do things that were easy for me to do on a 125. oh yea I can only get a 125 if I quit smoking and so far its only been 1 day since I last had on :)

Top Bottom