2003 suzuki rm 85 rear wheel bearings

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
sons bike broke a chain adjuster so then the wheel bearing on one side and the race was shot. ordered the wheel bearing for the one side from suzuki(the exact part number it should take) and it dont fit down far enough to take a dust seal..?the bearing that i took out of the other side was a pivot works bearing .also when i took it out it was not sealed like the factory one i bought for the other side. the side that went bad i couldnt tell how large or small it was there was not much left of it..could have the hubs been changed and will not leave a factory suzuki bearing fit? thx :ride: :ride:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Does the spacer tube inside fit snug between the bearings? How much more room do you need for the seal?

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
_JOE_ said:
Does the spacer tube inside fit snug between the bearings? How much more room do you need for the seal?

http://www.bikebandit.com/suzuki-motorcycle-rm85k3-2003-rear-wheel-rm85k2-k3/o/m6653sch275374

if you mean the #2 part as the spacer then no

i need about a half inch for the bearing to go down so seal would fit in . and the bearing on the sprocket side was ordered from suzuki and the number matches it just dont fit in it seems to big

strange thing is that the bearings that came out from the one side didnt come out sealed . didnt seem sealed like a normal bearing that i bought. :( the ones i took out were pivot works btw

hard to tell what bearing came out of the sproket side there wasnt much left of it
? do these bearings need to be pressed in with a press?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
If the sleeve in the center isn't fairly snug between the bearings they're not in all the way. Since it's loose in ther I would assume you have the stock hub and correct bearing.

Is the bearing stuck in the hub now? If not try putting it in the freezer for a while and get a bright light out to shine in the hub to check for a burr or something in the hub. If you have a heat gun you can warm the hub. With the hub warm and bearing frozen they should go together with a little gentle persuasion.

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
thx both bearings well the outer part was still stuck in the hub after using a tourch and a hammer and screw driver i got both out but it was no easy task :( it was the correct bearing after all :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

Top Bottom