nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
I've got an 03 YZ and want to change the rear shock oil - my question - the cap that is over the reservoir is different than what I have seen in the past. Most I have seen are flat with a schraeder valve in the center that you push down to expose the internal C clip. This one looks to have wrench flats on it - is there a difference to the method of dissassembly?

russ17

Aug 27, 2002
Nope, pretty much the same. Sometimes it a bugger to get the clip out with that type of design . It doesn't allow the cap to recess as far. just watch not to damage the schraeder is all.

Russ

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
cool - I will give it a whirl tonight - what did you use to press it down? I've in the past used a socket and dead blow plastic mallet - of course protecting the cap with something between it and the socket. I'm guessing I'll just hit right on the body of the cap until it breaks free then from there get my hands in there and push. Any tips? thanks!

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Mine was really stuck the first time that I took it apart. I put a crescent wrench on the end of the cap and gave it a slight twist to break it loose, then it pushed into the reservoir easily.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
one more question - I almost forgot....anybody know the torque for the bolt that holds the valving assembly on?

Top Bottom