lukesh40

Dec 8, 2005
I have the opportunity to pick up this bike for $1950. The owner bought it new and claims to have taken very good care of it and says the top end is fresh (1st one in five years of ownership). It was raced in the senior vet class at the local track so it sounds like the thing hasn't been too beaten up. I'm concerned about valve issues though. I've read that the 04 and 05 had problems in this department. I'm torn because it seems like such a good deal. What do you guys think? Also I'm coming from a two stroke background (01 YZ125) so any maintenance/riding tips would be appreciated in the switch over to 4T. Thanks

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
lukesh40 said:
I have the opportunity to pick up this bike for $1950. The owner bought it new and claims to have taken very good care of it and says the top end is fresh (1st one in five years of ownership).

Anyone who races a bike and only does one top end in 5 years, did NOT take very good care of it. Run the other way and find another bike.

lukesh40

Dec 8, 2005
Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking, but if he's racing the senior vet class and just puttin around would he have needed to replace his top end and valves more often? I feel like alot of maintenance depends on how the bike is ridden. What you all think? I might go look at it tomorrow.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You can rationalize any bad decision if you work at it long enough. ;)

Top Bottom