2006 Crf 250 R top end Rebuild?

Rouse5369

Mar 3, 2005
okay i just wanna check a few things before i rebuild this machine. The valves have never been adjusted and are the original valves, they are just in tollerence now, can i just get them shimmed and be okay or do you normally get them changed to stainless steel , new springs etc. If i put a high compession piston in instead of std piston will the high compression run on regular gas and octane boost, when were not racing. or do you have to use race gas all the time?
i dont really know the hours on this machine but weve put a year and a half on it, 6 races the half year, and about 12 races this year, i dont ride it all the time , but i ride it first after i do any work to it. im 280lbs and this bike has alot of power left in it. Any special warnings about this job, ive never done it before , but feel very confiden after reading about the procedure, any special tools that will be helpfull.

Rouse5369

Mar 3, 2005
everything is stock rite now, i am not the primary rider, my son weighs about 230 est with all gear on, and i plan on getting the right springs and valves very soon. i just ride after i do anything to it , before he does, but i dont do any jumping ill leave that to the young guns. i like the jumping, its just the falling i dont like.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Its not very difficult. Erics crf book is a great resource. If you can swing the cash it's a great idea to go with a Kibblewhite setup. If the valves haven't been shimmed yet, you may be fine to just replace the springs. Have them inspected. The springs are very reasonable from Honda.

Top Bottom