2006 KDX200 Aftermarket Pipe & Silencer

awoodman

Apr 18, 2006
I have a 2006 KDX 200 and ot has great top end power which i am loving, but the low end is pretty bad. I was hoping to get a torque pipe and silencer combo. Will a pro circuit platinum 2 pipe do it for me? I would like to get a good low end power, while taking away the leasy amount of power from the top end, as possible. Could someone tell me what the best decision for a pipe and silencer would be? Thanks a lot.

-Adam

krazyinski

Feb 2, 2006
awoodman said:
I have a 2006 KDX 200 and ot has great top end power which i am loving, but the low end is pretty bad. I was hoping to get a torque pipe and silencer combo. Will a pro circuit platinum 2 pipe do it for me? I would like to get a good low end power, while taking away the leasy amount of power from the top end, as possible. Could someone tell me what the best decision for a pipe and silencer would be? Thanks a lot.

-Adam
FMF woods pipe turbine core 2

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
Woods pipe will give you more bottom end but you will loose some on top .

The Pro Circuit Platinum 2 gives all round power not as much bottom end as a woods pipe but more than standard and great mid to top .

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
You will gain power throughout the entire power band with the woods pipe (FMF-35) including the top end (over the stock pipe). I have both the woods and desert pipe (FMF-30) and prefer the woods. I run a "Q" silencer by FMF. It's quiet enough that the sound out of the engine cases and sides of the pipe is louder than out of the end of the pipe. The power feels the same as the Turbine Core (1) that I was running before.

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
Rhodester is right. I run the FMF gnarly woods (-35) pipe on my KDX and it gave me more top end than stock. It really beefs up the bottom and mid. However, I'm running the stock silencer. The silencer doesn't make nearly as much difference as the pipe and I'm not sure you can beat the stock silencer for keeping the noise down (though the FMF "Q" is probably really good also).

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
I went to FMF gnarly torque pipe with turbine core ll. I also added a torque ring from Freddette. Also when got new chain and sprockets went up one tooth on back to 48. This combination is great for low end torque when riding in tight woods or the real nasty stuff. Also Freddette sells a good pipe guard that has saved my pipe several times from being smashed.

awoodman

Apr 18, 2006
Great, thanks a lot guys! If I buy an fmf pipe and silencer, will the two ends meet? I'm sure they will, but i just want to make sure that i get what i pay for, for the $310...Thanks

-Adam

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom