ruxpin22

May 3, 2010
My son's 2006 kx 65 engine started humming after his first moto today. I am thinking crank bearing but do not want to completely dive into the engine too fast. Am I running on a good assumption or is there something i can try first to pin point it better. Or could it be something else. Any help will be appreciated May not reply rite away but will to all posts and advice given. Would a clutch going bad make that kind of noise it gets more loud the faster it is ridden but it is not an unbareable noise? When the bike is reved up in nuetral when you let off the throttle makes a different pitched noise but not a crunching noise lol hard to explain, if you have ever heard a gear to gear drive on a car thats the kind of noise. it does it when in gear and on the throttle while riding it too.

Thnx

Last edited:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
stock crank? The stock cranks are the weak point of the motor.

You can get a new top and bottom end kit from motosport.com for like under $300. comes with everything you need crank, bearings, seals, gaskets, piston kit.

But also inspect the clutch and tranny bearings while you are in there.

ruxpin22

May 3, 2010
kkx 65 humming

I am not sure if it is stock crank or not bought bike used

guess i am hoping it is the clutch making that sound but i can probably hope all i want lol. I am changing the oils in it today to see what it looks like and gonna restart after the change to see if it is still there. either or the young lad will be on it for Sundays race i guess if it goes it goes. might as well have a complete reason to open it all up. if i am gonna have to do a complete redo i guess i might make it worth it. gd thing he has his 85 to practice with for sat. if i can get the 65 through this weekend i will open it up and have a look see it will give me a week to have it done and ready again.

Top Bottom