Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Hey guys, been a very long time since I have posted anything on line. The MX-TECH site has been in a redo stage for a long time. I thought I would do a little picture write on the 09 KTM shocks as a way to stay in touch.

So let’s start with what we know..

The 09 will not have a new frame, linkage or dual adjuster shock. It will however feature a new needle design once again along with an 18mm ID shim on the secondary, and a new secondary piston. The needle will follow the same basic path that KTM settled on years ago.. Bigger diameter, creating a bigger volume shift, and a more pronounced engagement, while at low speeds being less noticed.

It’s an interesting way of accomplishing a 1.5 style design feel without the cup, and small piston. The new piston design was required as a way to deal with the larger volume shift and what would have been a velocity squared engagement.

• Tuners are going to need to find a source for 18mm ID shims..

• The needle configuration will once again need a major updating..

As someone invested in KTM and PDS technology we intend to utilize the new piston design, along with a new post that will support use our proprietary needle system. We do however intend to update the needle system with a one way check valve system, to reduce rebound/compression overlap.

Thanks for reading, interested in feedback.

Jer

Attachments

• ktm shock006DRN.JPG
    ktm shock006DRN.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 902
Last edited:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Hey Jer,
Great to hear from you, here!

While I am not currently riding a KTM, I am working on understanding the current suspension technology a bit better, so that I can tune my own stuff. Of course, that is after you get it in the ball-park for me!

After referring someone to your web-site recently, I did notice that you had not updated it for a while. Glad to hear that you are working on that, as well.

By the way, the rest of the guys were impressed with the YZ250's suspension set up at the Perry Mountain 24-hour Challenge. The track got beat up pretty bad, but your set-up helped make it rideable. Thanks for the great service!

I'll be dropping off my 125 forks in the next few weeks sometime.

Thanks again,
Ken W.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Ken,

Well just trying to work myself back into internet shape.. :)

Glad the race went well! Hey when your up I have a care package minus some 2XL's ready for the team.

Jer

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom