Mar 18, 2006
Replaced topend in '08 KTM200xc yesterday and found this. Why all the severe scuffing on the exhaust side? I put in #2 piston (.01mm larger) yesterday. There are no deposits on the underside of the piston (the picture I took was crap, so not included). The intake side of the piston has no issues, other than normal wear. I thought I heard this piston making noise last fall when I put it away, so I investigated. :yikes:

thanks for any experienced replies.

OK, I thought I had the picture attachment thing somewhat figured, but apparently not. Darn! I got them down to less than 170kb, but the resolution is wrong. Can some one help me with this? Thx.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
longtime coming said:
OK, I thought I had the picture attachment thing somewhat figured, but apparently not. Darn! I got them down to less than 170kb, but the resolution is wrong. Can some one help me with this? Thx.

If you're using Windows XP, use this http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

It'll add a "context menu" item to help resize images.

Once installed, right click the image and click "Resize Picture".

Then select the size you want, for DRN use 640x480, and click ok.

Simple to use and pretty good.

There are advanced options, such as "resize original", and unless you don't need the image for anything else, I'd stay away from that. By default, it creates a copy of the image.

I actually use it for a lot of general purpose image resizing..

Mar 18, 2006
different picture

The power at my place just came back on. So I have stuff again. Anyway, this is what the piston looks like.

Attachments

• 200xc piston2 002.JPG
    200xc piston2 002.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2006
I can only put one picture up. I am exceeding my quota? This is the first time I've ever done this (obviously!). :)

Wish I would have picked one of the right-side-up pictures that showed the problem better. :bang:

Mar 18, 2006
OK. I'll just quit for now. This is the worst scuff. On left front corner, pretty much where the powervalve opens the boost ports (I think they are called boost ports). There is a smaller scuff on the right front side. The intake side of the piston is perfect.

Top Bottom