220 vs 200

Tony_P

Nov 14, 2001
OK I know similar questions have been addressed before and they answers from the forum and web sites have been very helpful. I am going to purchase a KDX 200 or 220. I previously owned a 91 KDX 200 and did all of the standard engine and fork mod. (FMF Pipe. reeds, moose kips spring and heavier fork springs.) I was very impressed with the performance of the Bike. My question is will the 220 with the rev pipe out perform the 200 with a torque pipe through the mid and upper range? Or do have to go with the Card modification to out perform the 200 across the mid and upper range? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'out perform'

I don't think you'll get the same out of a 33mm restricted 220, rev pipe or not compared to a 35mm 200.

The RB mod (bore to 36mm for one thing) isn't that big of an expense ($160 last I heard).

There would generally be other reasons one would choose the 220 over the 200 though...NOT because of it's upper end power-making capability (or lack thereof).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…