225 ride report

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
Well, I finally had a chance to get out and really ride my KdX after Sending it to Gorr. My biggest worry was that it may be thirsty for race fuel. The answer to that is that it ran just fine on 91 octane Non oxigenated pump gas. The first thing I noticed was that it didn't carbuerate very well right off Idle. I carried a screwdriver with so i could stop and adjust it as needed. I was able to improve things for the most part but I think I'll go up one size on the pilot to a 45 and try that. Most of the trails I was riding were pretty tight so when I did finally had a chance to open it up it seemed to be pretty soft on power at WOT. It almost seemed to slow down as soon as the main jet came fully into Play. I dropped the main down to a 152 and noticed a big improvment. I still need to do a plug chop in order to confirm my settings but I have a feeling I may be able to drop down to a 150. The thing I love about it is being able to wheelie at verry low rpms and climb verry technical hills while basically chugging along like it's a four stroke but without the fear of stalling it. This bike is verry easy to ride through technical stuff. I just need to play with it a little more.

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
Kaw Bill ....... What size bike was it before? How does it compare at all RPM's to before (low, mid, top). What else has been done to the bike, pipe, reeds, carb, etc.?

I'm very interested in the same mod for my 200, so let us know how things go after you've had a chance to sort out the jetting, AS, etc.

Thanks and Good luck.....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…