nor_cal7

Apr 2, 2007
1) your physical size? 5-8 160
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? very agressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Mx track all the way
4) Do you have any riding experience? 5 years
5) Do you think you will race ? yes
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? well i like honda or yamaha
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? ya all of them
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? as much as i need
10) Do you live in California? yes
11) Your age? 14
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion? Ya right now i have a yz 125 i like the power but sometimes doesnt seem to be enough. I rode my friends crf250r and liked it. It felt like my 125 but just a little easier to ride and maybe a little more power. Then i rode my friends yz450 and i loved the power. Im saving for a bike right now and i dont know if i should get a 250 or 450. I race so that is goiing to be a factor 2. So what do you guys think i should get?

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
i dont mean to contradict joe, but if he was thinking about your weight or experince level then pffft, w/e. My friend is 5'7" and weighs 140 and rides a crf 450, with only the slightest of hastle, and he doesnt race at all. only thing is if your gonna race in the 450 class, there will be a lot of more experienced adults racing with you. it really depends on what you want i think. either one will be great.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You will be much faster and have far fewer injuries/repairs on a bike you can use properly. There is nothing you will be able to do on the track with a 450 you couldn't do on a 250. A 450 will just make you tired 5 times faster. But hey, it's your money, your body, you do what ever you want with it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
_JOE_ said:
You will be much faster and have far fewer injuries/repairs on a bike you can use properly. There is nothing you will be able to do on the track with a 450 you couldn't do on a 250. A 450 will just make you tired 5 times faster. But hey, it's your money, your body, you do what ever you want with it.
then again, a 450 won't wear out as quick as a 250, and will go faster with less effort (theoretically)

I say do what you want to do and live with the consequences.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom