Feb 5, 2009
I'm just getting into dirt biking, and I looking for my first bike. Last season I rode my friends 07 kx250f a bunch of times, and I got used to that bike pretty fast, I could keep up with other guys on the trails. Now I've narrowed down my selection to a 125 or 250 2 stroke. I've been looking at some youtube vids of the 250s and I love the sheer power of the 250s, and I kinda want to get one. I'm just wondering if this bike would be too hard to handle to start with, even if I took the time to learn to use the power. Keep In mind I'm 6'4 200lbs, and I learn things fast. Also I'll be doing mostly trail riding and light jumping.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
JoshVanderMeer said:
I'm just getting into dirt biking, and I looking for my first bike. Last season I rode my friends 07 kx250f a bunch of times, and I got used to that bike pretty fast, I could keep up with other guys on the trails. Now I've narrowed down my selection to a 125 or 250 2 stroke. I've been looking at some youtube vids of the 250s and I love the sheer power of the 250s, and I kinda want to get one. I'm just wondering if this bike would be too hard to handle to start with, even if I took the time to learn to use the power. Keep In mind I'm 6'4 200lbs, and I learn things fast. Also I'll be doing mostly trail riding and light jumping.

At your size, you'll outgrow a 125 really fast.

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
250 for sure. I bought a 125 in december. Put about about 5 hours on it and already wanted more. I just bought a 250 monday and wont look back.. I havent ridden in 10 years either. Good luck!

drkhartley

Nov 3, 2006
Get a 250, I was in the same dilemma but Im alot smaller, (5'10 145). I first rode a 250 and it was kinda scary so I got a 125. After riding it about twice i wish i woulda got the 250. At your size, deff get the 250.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom