bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i can just hear my mother now....."youve only had that bloody bike 10 minutes and youv'e already taken it apart!"

Can wait to hear how the 03 handles dean, please let us know!

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
03 no bleed hole . We had to make it stiffer but the rider is a larger sized mammal and hes a proexpert. On the forks it looks like we should make a new cap socket The fork caps have a real deep bult protrusion but one of the spars or flats should be cut out . Likr taking a good 6 pt socket and butting out one of the flats with a die grinder @10mms deep . That might keep from twisting the soft aluminum nut protrusion area. Looks like there is way lesscomp valving in the 250 forks and more spring . Actually they work pretty good stock but this guy was taxing the stock setup . Bike is real fast stock. Youll see . DEAN

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ahh im confusing the KX seal heads with YZ ones-i have a old YZ one in my box i will look into it, one thing i cannot understand is the CR125 uses a really heavy steel seal head and yet Honda try to loose weight everywhere else-they could easily loose a lb on the seal head going to the ally type.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yes dean i adgree but if money is the reason why go to the alloy frame?seems strange the priorities they have in shaving weight off every bolt but not in this easy weight loss area.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Hey Marcus ever work on any scooters like vinos lambrettas cagiva apirilias ? I know its pretty popular in your country . I just tricked out a little Yamaha Vino now it hits 55 with my big ass aboard , next is a Apirilia sr50 .the sr50 goes pretty good stock , There were somre real cool trick ones when I was in Georgia Apirilia school . I bet there are alot in UK ..

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ive played with a no. of bikes over the years-had a trick big bore TS50 it had a autisa 72cc top end.It did 55 easlily till the big end stopped play.Done a scooter with a trick pipe and new weights in the auto clutch-that thing took off real fast-makes me want a revloc type clutch on my 125.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
BTW changing the subject slightly -i saw a 2003 Cr250 discounted at £3450 -any idea on why the 02 Cr is already selling for low money?a 125 cannot be bought here till end of Oct and it wont be much cheaper than that 250price?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
BTW changing the subject slightly -i saw a 2003 Cr250 discounted at £3450 -any idea on why the 02 Cr is already selling for low money?a 125 cannot be bought here till end of Oct and it wont be much cheaper than that 250price?

CRF450....enough said :flame:

i only did 5 laps on one last week and i want one now! But the 01YZ will be around for a while yet!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom