250f seat hight

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Hey i was wondering with a kx250f the seat hight is about 38 inches... i am about 5"2 or 5"3 so i was wondering how much i could lower the 250f? could i get it down to 32-34 inches seat hight?? By the way this goes for any 250f besides KTM because there to expensive. But im saying it goes for all because i think all brands can ajust differently?

I was not sure were to post this so i hope this is the right spot...

KDX200Dad

Oct 15, 2005
Kouba Links

You could check with Kouba Link. (They don't allow URL posting, just try a web search.) I used his lowering links and they worked very well for me.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
I googled it and all i found was for the crf250r you can lower it about 2 inches but that is not enouph i need to lower it more if possible...

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Send the suspension the MX Tech and tell them what you want. If you're gonna keep it for a lifetime it's a great investment. Hopefully Rich will chime in with some more info about custom ride height mods.

Apr 30, 2007
This would also apply to me as well. I am the same size, and *very done* growing.

I've heard of a few things like modifying the seat (taking out some foam, that might allow another inch...

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Yeah i heard the seat thing too but then it seems it would just be harder on our butts... :yikes:

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Actually i just checked the KTM website and the SXF250 is not that much more and the seathight is only 36 inches... but a quick question what is the difference between a SXF250, XC-F 250, and a XCF-W 250 :coocoo:

I would still like to know how much i could lower the other brands (suzuki, yamaha, HONDA, and KAWASAKI)

Apr 30, 2007
It looks like with that kouba link,and setting sag correctly, aaaaaand raising the fork tubes in the mounts, you should make the 34 inch seat height...modify the seat foam a little, and it should bring you within the comfort zone.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
justalonewolf007 said:
It looks like with that kouba link,and setting sag correctly, aaaaaand raising the fork tubes in the mounts, you should make the 34 inch seat height...modify the seat foam a little, and it should bring you within the comfort zone.
:cool: :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…