rayman121985

Nov 8, 2009
Hey all,

Thanks for your help! I currently have a Yamaha RT 100 from about 1999. I have been wanting to start hitting the dirt trails and courses in my area...I am currently stuck between 3 bikes...the Honda CRF 150...which is about $3,400.00...the other is the Kawasaki KLX 140...which is about $2,800.00...and lastly the Suzuki DR-Z125L...which is about $2,900.00...

All these bikes look great...I believe the Honda 150 has an electric start which sounds great...not sure about the others...

The Kawasaki seems to be priced really nice compared to the others but will it be in close performance to the Honda/Suzuki?

So please give your wisdom and advice! THANKS! :ride:

::ray::

rayman121985

Nov 8, 2009
Here is my info guys hope this helps! Maybe this will help yall suggest the bike out of the 3 I listed! Let me know what you would pick and why! THANKS!

1) 150 IBS and about 5"10
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Pretty crazy/hyper
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Dirt tracks and trails
4) Do you have any riding experience? Yes had previous yamaha rt 100 and a warrior 350 4wheeler
5) Do you think you will race ? Probably not but not sure
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? No I will have to get others to help me
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I think my RT 100 was a 4 stroke but I don't really mind unless there is a big difference
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? I have a honda/suzuki/kawasaki dealer
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? really didn't want to go over 3k but if the honda is that much better than the rest then I will
10) Do you live in California? no Texas
11) Your age? 23) 150 IBS and about 5"10
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Pretty crazy/hyper
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Dirt tracks and trails
4) Do you have any riding experience? Yes had previous yamaha rt 100 and a warrior 350 4wheeler
5) Do you think you will race ? Probably not but not sure
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? No I will have to get others to help me
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? I think my RT 100 was a 4 stroke but I don't really mind unless there is a big difference
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? I have a honda/suzuki/kawasaki dealer
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? really didn't want to go over 3k but if the honda is that much better than the rest then I will
10) Do you live in California? no Texas
11) Your age? 23
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Jaguars7129

Jan 2, 2009
first off i am pretty sure your rt 100 would have been a two stroke, but anyway, given your info you provided i would probably go for a cr or yz 125...a four stroke klx and crf 150 140 are nice but youll probably get bored of them quick..out of the three.though, the klx is the best deal if its in good shaped..good luck :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, you're looking at kids bikes. If you plan to go anywhere near an MX you'll beat any of the bikes you listed into the ground.

Find a nice clean XR250/kdx200 if you plan to do mostly trails and don't want to spend much time wrenching.

For the track a 125 2 stroke would suit you very well and they're fairly capable in the woods as long as you learn how to work the clutch.

You'll be looking used in your price range for those bikes and you should be able to get a next to new model for 3k.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I would advise that you spend ALOT of time on this site or elsewhere researching different types of bikes and their purpose. You are looking at bikes that an inexperienced 13-14 year old would buy. Joe said it well above ^^. A real bike new is going to set you back more than $3K. Unless you have plenty of money, I would buy used.

Garrett T

Oct 22, 2009
strongly advise you to get a wr 250 or crf250x, those kids bike wont cut it..

rayman121985

Nov 8, 2009
I really like the crf250x...does it come with a warranty? One bike at the honda place doesn't come with one a salesman told me...and is the 250 great for doing trails/doing small jumps at the dirt track? Also how does the Honda CRX 250 do? THANKS!

Last edited:
Top Bottom