DaRooster

Oct 8, 2005
Hello all. Just a quick question here. Does anyone own or know someone who owns a 3 rail motorcycle trailer?? If so, are they any good? Had any problems? or just simply a joy to own? Any comments would be great. Reason I'm askin is I'm looking to buy a trailer for myself and my two sons but I don't want a large utility trailer and right now can't afford to go enclosed. So any help would be cool.

Thanks,
Chad

Also anyone in Ohio ride around the Marysville area??

Sandy Whoops

Oct 11, 2003
Try to find one that has the center rail moved forward. Otherwise, you'll need to load the center bike backwards to avoid handlebar contact. Another nice feature is low rail rail height - easier to load, especially for the occasional street bike.
I used to own a Mr. Motorcycle 3 rail - it was the best 3 rail I've ever used. No idea if the company still exists.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Pulled one for 5 years no problems. Actually we pulled it from Michigan to Florida and didn't even notice it. It didn't kill the gas mileage in our Dakota or Explorer. It was nice because we could squeeze in just about anywhere at races. As said before the one with the middle bike moved forward works better.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I've had a handful of 3-rail trailers. I pulled one to Dirtweek '04 behind my car and got 21 mpg.

Tha last two I had were Holsclaw tilt-rail trailers, but I never used the tilt function. I had a small ramp that I used and it was much easier. The only drawback is having your bikes hanging out in the open. I used a 3-rail when I went to Dirtweek '03 also. I had it loaded with a WR250F, an XR50, and a restored '71 Z50 Minitrail.

It worked fine, but looked kinda like Sanford & Son.

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
I have only used one once. I went with my friends family down to mendota for a day of riding. We took the families old school bus converted into a camper. We loaded three bikes onto the trailer and put two quads in the back of the bus. Well we got about ten miles away from home when my brand new stay strap broke, from rubbing up against the bike in the middles skid plate. Bike ended up dragging for about 3 or 4 miles before the driver saw the handlebars dragging in the sideview mirror. Luckily it didnt get hit by any vehicles in the oncoming lane. The road grinded my handlebar all the way down to the top triple clamp and into the fork. luckily the whole bike didnt fall and drag on the road. The problem wasnt with the trailer I guess, it was more of the vehicle we took, and the driver. Needless to say I got stuck with the bill, at age 16, but it gave me the perfect opportunity to put a KX front end on my 98 KDX 200.

Top Bottom