Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Hey guys,

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a 30D for this year’s upcoming SX series. Anyone here have any experience with one. It has 2 things that make it more interesting to me than a 20D. It has iso settings at 1/3 stops instead of 1 full stop, and has spot metering (a must for indoors).

I am for sure getting one for next weekends Montreal SX, but I will buy it from a retailer that has a 14 day no questions asked return policy. Just thought I would see if anyone had an opinion.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'd sure buy one over a 20D... but there isn't enough upgrade to justify the cost in my case. I'm waiting for a "n".

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
I was going to get an "n", but thought I might be able to save a few dollars by going the 30D route. If the 30D doesn’t work out, I will have an "n" for St Louis (I hope).

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Let me know how the 30D works in Montreal. I've been tossing the decision back and forth between selling both my 20D's and getting a single MKII or just continuing with the setup I have. With how horrible the conditions are at our local tracks for dust I really hate the idea of 1 body and switching lenses outside all the time.

Top Bottom