From DP Review :
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022114canoneos30d.asp

New features / changes compared to the EOS 20D

* Redesigned body (more EOS 5D like)
* Larger LCD monitor (2.5")
* Soft-touch shutter release button
* AE/AF lock remains set if shutter is kept half-pressed between shots
* Faster startup and wake from sleep times
* Direct print button on rear of camera (woo!)
* Spot metering
* 100,000 shot shutter cycle
* ISO selectable in third stop steps
* ISO speed shown in viewfinder as you change it (still not once changed though)
* Selectable 5 or 3 fps continuous shooting
* PictureStyles instead of simple image parameters
* 9,999 images per folder (instead of 100 as per the EOS 20D)
* 15 menu languages (3 new)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Damn it... I was hoping for a value priced full frame 20D.
Oh well... looks like the 5D is in my FUTURE.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Obviously I was hoping for something along the lines of the 1DmkII for 20D prices, dang Canon seems only interested in making money instead of my wants :) . A lot of people are shocked or disappointed thinking Canon would take aim at the D200, it appears Canon has decided to try to further their strong market share that the 20D holds by offering a slightly improved model for less money. A similar approach Nikon took with the D70 to D70s. Is there enough for me to want to upgrade? no, however I may buy a new 30D and keep my 20D as a backup instead of buying a second 20D which has been my plan for awhile now.

The one thing that I was surprised by was the name I figured they'd never go 30D to avoid confusion with the much older model D30. This will be an E-Bay scammers delight :|

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Chili said:
The one thing that I was surprised by was the name I figured they'd never go 30D to avoid confusion with the much older model D30. This will be an E-Bay scammers delight :|

That occured to me to. I have a 30D ... uhhh I mean D30 as well. Twas a nice body in it's day.

Now days the only thing that holds value is glass.

I would love to have two bodies when shooting action. The rest of the time one would only catch dust.

Top Bottom