35 Air Stryker Carb for 01 220

Eddiet

Nov 29, 2001
Instead of boring out my 33 MM carb, my local dealer got me a new 35 MM air stryker carb for around 150 dollars. The new mid and top end power is terrific. No longer am I getting dogged by my buddies in the straight aways. The 35 carb comes with a 4.5 mm slide that is extremely rich. So I put the stock 5MM slide and 1173 needle from the 33 carb into the 35 carb. Tested and settled on 158 main, 45 pilot, clip in 3rd position. Rev pipe, boyseen reeds, open air box, and all the other mods. This is great, fast controllable power for the more open enduros and hare scrambles. When we get to the tight technical mountain goat runs, just unscrew the top and sides, and insert the 33 carb. I have been riding a buddies KTM 200 and was about ready to trade. Not now, I like the way my 220 handles in the woods and I have the speed to match the 200's and 250's.

Eddiet

Nov 29, 2001
I settled on the 35 air stryker after trying several different carbs. A PWK35, PWK36, and the PWK35 air stryker. There was a good increase in power from all the carbs. The 35 air stryker just worked the best for my bike. The carb has two angled wings at bottom intake side. It seems to be for forcing more air to the bottom of the slide and needle. Maybe its like having ram air, I'm no expert for sure but maybe someone out there knows the theory behind the wings. Once jetted properly, the throttle response was great and the power was just what I was looking for. In a little drag race with a RMX250, I stayed right beside him. Also I can't tell any lose in the low end pull. The biggest problem I noticed with the carb was it has 5 vent tubes. Any way, I love the way it runs now.

Top Bottom