bwc352

Apr 12, 2002
I have a 36 mm Keihn carb. I was contemplating using it for MX races and swapping back the 35 mm carb whenever I was Harescrambling. But when I went to put on the Keihn I found out that the diameter of the 36 mm carb is (if I recall correctly) 4 mm bigger on the air box side of the carb than was the 35 mm carb. It seemed possible to stretch the airbox boot over the carb, but I don't want to do this as I plan to swap back and forth and I worry about either ripping the boot or stretching it where perhaps the seal is not as good as it should be. Any thoughts about how to possible overcome this problem so that I could try out my experiment of swapping the carbs for type of event that I'm entering? Thanks.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
If the "35" is a KDX carb, it is really 35 1/2 mm. The difference in performance between the two will be negligible. I'd sspend my time getting the 35 jetted perfectly.

shr

Uhhh...
Apr 8, 2002
Robcolo,

The 35 mm carb will measure 35 mm at the machined area where the slide is. That's why is called a 35 mm carb, the die-cast body will taper out a little to what you are calling 35.5 mm.

I have heard many people refer to the 35 mm PWK as a 35.5 mm carb, but that's not the case. I hope this helps clear up the 35.5 mm readings people come up with.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The kdx has a PWK small body carb...'tops out' at the 35mm number. If BWC's carb IS 36 as opposed to BORED to a 36, it's not a PWK small body carb.

...which is why it doesn't fit.

AND...1 (or 1/2)mm ain't gonna matter. Don't waste your time.

sez me.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom