WLKDX

Dec 7, 2004
I posted this question and it was moved to the Kdx forum but the 36MM pwk would be for a Husky. I want to drop down from a 38MM. Anyone know the best place to get one.

OZ_dirtrider

Jul 2, 2001
WLKDX said:
I posted this question and it was moved to the Kdx forum but the 36MM pwk would be for a Husky. I want to drop down from a 38MM. Anyone know the best place to get one.

Why would you want to drop from a 38 to 36mm PWK?

WLKDX

Dec 7, 2004
Low-end

OZ_dirtrider said:
Why would you want to drop from a 38 to 36mm PWK?

I am in New England where we have sharp rocks, wet rocks, in between wet roots and rolling rocks on steep hills. I am thinking the smaller carb will improve low-end and smooth the mid-hit.

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
Try RB Designs. He is the KDX carburetor guru. He also does alot of work with other two and four stroke carbs. Look under the carb mod section and look at the KDX200/220 A/S special carb. He sells a 36mm PWK Air Stryker carb, which is what most of the KTM's are using for the swap. In addition, his carbs are machining works of art and they have machined divider plates at a very reasonable cost. There are pictures of the carb and dividers on the site. If you have any questions, give Ron a call.

Check it out at http://www.rb-designs.com/

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
The smaller carb will tame the off idle throttle response a bit. But not really that much. The very same thing can be said for eliminating a quick turn throttle.

Chris

Top Bottom