Status
Not open for further replies.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Dangit! these 426's are ruining my riding group, now the group is split into two groups those who have 4's and those who have 2's. No one will just chill out and be doing this just for the sport, now the guys on two strokes are the minority and are treated like that, all the guys with 4's go out and do nasty hill climbs that the 2's can't always do, then they just sit around at night and talk about those hill climbs within their group. Why can't we all just get along!!!! I'm sure some of you have similar stories.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I don't have that problem on my YZ250...... :p

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider

Sounds like you are riding the wrong 2 strokes. ;)

Got to agree with ya KX Rider...Never found a hill (or mountain) that either one of my two smokes can't go up, but a thumper could! LOL.. Unless of course, the guy is just a better rider than me! :worship:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't have that problem either . . . wait, I don't ride a 2-stroke!

There's something to be said about being able to putt and chug up a snotty, rutted hill while your 2-stroke buddies are spinning their wheels. ;)

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Same thing happened to me.. my buddies bought 4-strokes and stopped returning my calls. Some of them went pro. Soon it was just me and my KX, nobody to ride with.. That's the whole reason I went 4-stroke, for the status symbol. I mean, those stinky 2-strokers are not welcome in MY pits anymore! :p

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Yeah...here in Oz thats been the case for quite some time. My group is definitely split into two groups 2'strokes (us) and 4 stroke (them). We 2 strokers are a very small minority...we are the lepers of the group. But that adds to the rides and we wear the badge with pride. Its good we sh#t stir each and it adds to bench racing afterwards. Us strokers still have the two fast boys of the group....and on hill climbs we are very very competitive with them strokers. Use the clutch!!!!!!!!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
How did I know that this was going to detonate like a load of C-4?

Boom!

And it did the moment a four stroke owner entered! ;)

I for one hope's this stays open awhile..... :thumb:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
What I notice is after a long muddy race the foru stroke guys are tired from digging those pigs out while the 2 stroke guys are fresh from rididng their """light" bikes

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by yz250roost
all the guys with 4's go out and do nasty hill climbs that the 2's can't always do, then they just sit around at night and talk about those hill climbs within their group. Why can't we all just get along!!!! I'm sure some of you have similar stories.

Jeff: i assume you have not witnessed the KiwiBird/CR500AF experience? :worship:

all i can say is bring your friends out on the next big group ride!

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Fortunately, I don't have that problem,.....yet. Most of the guys I ride with are pretty equal in ability. It's all about the rider, the bike is secondary as long as it is in good condition and set up properly.

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
get a cr500, proplem solved! Then you can still be a 2 stroker while at the same time, opening a can on the 4 stroke boys! :yeehaw:

It's a good thing i live in florida, or else the hill thing could separate my 125 from all the 4 strokes :scream:

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
What makes it even better is on my 4 stroke if I happen to stall it on a gnarly climb I just push the little e-start button, lean on the tank, twist the throttle and I'm on my way again. :yeehaw: Damn, its tough getting old. :thumb:

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Must be bad riding. Haven't seen many hills my 125 wouldn't do. Momentum, Rpm, and gear selection. Oh yeah, one other thing... a set of big brass ones ;) Nothing like looking at a hill, saying... "Gee, I dunno if I can hit this one without DYING.... ahhh hell!" Then ripping it up!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I have seen many hills that a 125 wouldn't do . . . :p

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
OK, it's intermission time now. those that would like pre mix on their enchiladas, get in this line, and those wanting straight high octane on their natchos, get over here, and those who just want to be indifferent, go ahead, get a Cannondale, but don't come to our meetin's anymore. :flame:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by geremacheks
OK, it's intermission time now. those that would like pre mix on their enchiladas, get in this line, and those wanting straight high octane on their natchos, get over here, and those who just want to be indifferent, go ahead, get a Cannondale, but don't come to our meetin's anymore. :flame:

Do you think we could make another group and make the guys that own Suzukis go over there :p

Where you at elk :laugh:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I hate conflict, so I am working on a super trick conversion to turn my YZ426F into a 3-stroke.

Yup. I'm just gonna split the difference. I figure by adding a reed cage and eliminating the intake valves and running pre-mix I'll be pretty close. :)

-jeffd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom