Roost King

Jan 13, 2001
Let me just go on record to say that the YZ450F is the best dirt bike ever made. Its so much fun I don't see how its legal. I've rode more 2-smokes than I have fingers and toes and none of them even begin to compare to this bike. The rideability and easy starting matched with the monster power and great suspension make this bike a dream. Kudos to Yamaha for making such a fun bike and to Honda East for selling me one for $5678 OTD.

Now that Im done praising Ill start with some complaining. The local dealer doesnt have any 450 oil filters. They have 426 filters though and Ive heard that the 426 filters will fit. Is this true? If so I would gladly run a steel 426 filter over the throw-away 450 paper filter.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
From what I have heard and what dealers are saying around here is don't run it.

If you have the part number any shop can order it, it's that easy. But shops don't have the fiche yet, I have the number written down at work and ill post it tommorow :cool:

MX317

Nov 21, 2000
Part number is 5TA-13440-00-00 Yamaha has them now. I'm not 100% sure on using the 426 filter, but the Scotts filter is the same for both (reported on thumpertalk).

Top Bottom