justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Chuck and I will be arrowing trail and trimming face slappers etc on Sunday. I'll arrive around 8:30. Chuck will also be out on Saturday doing the new section. If you can't make it Sunday I'm sure he'd like the help Saturday. I can't make it Saturday due to family obligations. We were also suppose to work tomorrow (thursday) but cancelled due to rain.

We got over half the trails arrowed last weekend(dwreck,Bswift,craig all made it out to work). The eighty is trimmed perfectly thanks to craig_enid and dwreck . Guy cut the new section in on Sunday. We need to finishing trimming trails to race ready shape and finishing arrows. It looks like race weekend all we would need to do is block intersections and make final tweeks to the trail.

If everything is done we'd have Saturday the 21st to primarily ride the loop just looking for anything wrong (in other words, lots of fun riding) We'd be the only ones riding the day. ;) This is one of the perks, the other is the free shirt and a private benefit I'll tell you about in person. :laugh:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm in for Sunday if the weather holds out.&nbsp; I would like to try Hanner Hill. :p

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Looks like I'll be able to make Saturday, but not Sunday.
Let me know anything you need me to do, such as arrows or mile markers?

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
I can help as well on Saturday. What do I need to bring? I have worked m-bike trails in the past and all I needed was a hand pruner, loppers, bow saw and a weed eater (for the grassy areas). Do I need to bring anything at all? Where do you all park at? The front parking area or back by the MX tracks? What time on Saturday?

Craig, what time do expect to get there? Do you bring your gear and bike to ride after the work as well?

I am heading out there today after lunch to ride. I wonder if anyone reads this forum in the mornings? We decided late last night to head out to the 500 to check out the re-worked MX tracks.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Chuck will be there on Saturday. He drives a red chevy truck and rides a KTM. He mentioned working on the new section. Its over on the northwest corner of the place.Look for a new trail cut by a skid steer. Limb Loppers would probably be best. If he takes the clubs trailer out he'll have everything. It mostly needs to be arrowed.

Swift- I think you should try Guy's line up the hill! :eek:

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by justql
Chuck will be there on Saturday. He drives a red chevy truck and rides a KTM. He mentioned working on the new section. Its over on the northwest corner of the place.Look for a new trail cut by a skid steer. Limb Loppers would probably be best. If he takes the clubs trailer out he'll have everything. It mostly needs to be arrowed.

Thanks Justin...

How early does Chuck get there?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Usually not real early. 830 or so. I'll try to call him and tell him you guys are coming. What time works for you? He said he was not working all day.b

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I can be there on Saturday and Sunday but it won't be before 10 or 11 because of work. Craig, do you still have my hand pruners? If so don't forget to bring them. Thanks

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Derrick-I've got them. I can drop them offf at your house Saturday mid morning or I can bring them Sunday.........I was hoping you'd forget about them,they sure are nice. :confused:

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by justql
Usually not real early. 830 or so. I'll try to call him and tell him you guys are coming. What time works for you? He said he was not working all day.b

In can be there early, between 8 and 9...

I drive a green GMC pick-up 4wd (Z71 sticker)... ...should I bring the bike? ...or bicycle?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I hope to be there before noon.
I'll be in old grey taurus with red trailer by front gate.
I'll have chainsaw, limb pruner, bow saw, loppers, and staple gun.
Also bike and gear....;)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by motox757
Derek,
Did you see my thread about riding today (06/13/2003) at the 500? We should be there around 3 PM or so...

Yes, I am in the middle of waxing my truck. :ugg: I'll check my bike over when I am done. If my filter looks like I can get another ride out of it I'll be there.

Justin, just take the loppers to the 500 and I'll get them from you then. :thumb:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Sorry guys, just found out I've gotta work tomorrow (Sat) and since I stayed at the farm instead of visiting the family on Memorial Day, I have to go visit on Father's Day (he's 75).
I will for sure help with the race and Sat.(21) is a good chance.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Chuck will be out around 830 or so. He said he will bring the arrows etc. He has to go in to the office for awhile. He will be back out before noon. He said he arrowed some more today. The 80 needs arrows and from there back to camp. Have fun I'll see some of you on Sunday. (By the way I hate house shopping)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
715-730 should be good. We are having the workers meeting Saturday night(pizza too!) The checkpoint captain should have a good idea of everything that is needed to be done after that meeting so they can pass any information on to any of their crew unable to be at the get together Saturday evening. Come out and eat pizza and have a visit Saturday evening if you can. We are trying to figure out some rewards for those that are giving their time.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
I told Derek, Craig and Chuck on Saturday the 14th that I could come and help out this weekend for the Enduro. Well, my plans have changed, my turn for famliy obligations.

Have fun this weekend, I know I did on Saturday kicking over that CR250 of mine around 50 times... ...like Derek said, I'm glad that my bad knee is the the left knee...

Top Bottom