BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks to DWreck, Craig_enid, OKKX'r, and Chuck Cooper I had a great ride at the 500. Temps started out around 45 but warmed into the low 50's. Traction was the word for the day. No dust and just a few infamous red dirt mud puddles.
I haven't been on my bike for a couple of months so I was really out of shape. I've been dealing with lower back pain for months and my new Chiropractor has done me good. Not riding has left me a bit cranky so I really needed some grin factor in my life, today didn't disappoint me. One thing for sure, I will never drink a NOS energy drink again! I puked that up after about thirty minutes of riding. From that point, the day got MUCH better.
The first 3-4 miles I felt like a pinball. No rythem, arm pump and hand cramps. Chuck and DWreck were riding pretty fast and OKKX'r was doin' fairly well at keeping them within site while Craig and I brought up the rear. My riding improved as the day went on. The 80 brought in a some excitement. Chuck spotted each of us 30 secs. I went first (slowest) then Craig, then Don, then Derek, and then Chuck. Craig passed me about mile three and I kept him in site for the next 3 miles but Derek was closing on me pretty fast. Derek's racing this year gave him lots of improvement and it shows. Chuck, well is a Cooper and is always fast, even though he is still recovering from broken ribs! :yikes:
It is really nice to have good friends to ride with. Lots of laughs and big smiles at the end of the day. Chuck and Derek let me try out the 300's. Both of their bikes are really smooth. The 08 KTM with the magic button surprised me with how hard the engine pulled in the higher RPM's. Derek's GG pulled harder through the mid range and his suspension was more plush. We finished it all off with a trip to Hideaway Pizza. Can't wait for the next time. Thanks everyone.:cool:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
It was good to see Brian on a bike again. Chuck not being at 100% meant that I could actually keep him in sight at times. The real entertainment for the day was when we caught up to a group of college aged kids that refused to acknowledge that someone might actually be faster than they are. As we stacked up behind them Chuck started sticking a wheel in on the corners and they kept on going refusing to budge. Finally the trail split and Chuck, me and Don went freight training by fender to fender getting two of them with only one to catch. I didn't see Chuck's pass on the last guy but I guess he launched past him over a rock pile. I don't think he expected a pass there as he was stopped well off the trail with this oops I pooped my pants look on his face as I went by. I guess looking over and seeing someones wheels when you expect to see a helmet can do that to you.

I thought everyone rode well today. The trails were awesome and I have one seriously dirty bike to clean up tomorrow.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
mx547 said:
and to think that i stayed home and painted my bathroom.
I'm sure it looks real nice.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Im going to have to make a trip up there and re-aquaint myself with the 500, and you gentleman. Not enough time on the bike lately. Maybe I can hang back and watch all the fast guys.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Lorin said:
Im going to have to make a trip up there and re-aquaint myself with the 500, and you gentleman. Not enough time on the bike lately. Maybe I can hang back and watch all the fast guys.
Have we met? :) It has been way too long. The 500 will be closed the weekend of the 26th and 27th for race but pick a weekend and we'll try and make it work.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Saturday was some of the best trail conditions I've seen in a really long time. We need to get a Spode day together, maybe even get Sawblade to come down.

williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
I made my first trip to the 500 sunday with a group of freinds. The red course with thea east 80 acres tied in made for a challenge for sure. Both my shoulders hurt from slamming them into trees, broke my handguards and only had one puckering crash. Great day !

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
It has been too long. Seems as though life (especially with kids) seems to happen. I will be out of town this weekend and traveling next weekend (back Sunday). Im a little tentative to ride with the fast spodes on their home track (dwreck, brian, don, and craig). Rumor has it they are going to be opening 15 more miles of trail (supposed to be single track with good elevation changes) in mid February at Draper.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
because you didnt get the invite like sawblade? heehee

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Lorin thats what is so great about the 500....trails are marked. Makes it much easier to run a group....unlike Muenster with its 900 intersections if you arent wheel to wheel with the next guy.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The 500 is actually the Stillwater Motorcycle Park. $25 annual family pass and there are just a few dates that the park is not open (race dates and maintenance days). It has an MX track (recently reworked by Guy Cooper), GP track, and 22 mile woods loop. One way trails with every type of terrain that you can imagine. Fairly long day trip for you (3 hours one way) but well worth it. If you want to check it out some time before you join, let us know and we'll get you in as a guest. The track is typically like concrete and is fairly busy after Guy has worked it. The trails have been in really good shape as of late, a few mud holes but little dust. It the summer months, it gets pretty dusty and powdery in a lot of places but is still fun. Like I said, $25/yr/family. Best deal around.
PS, I'll be in Eufaula Thursday are Friday of this week. Post an email addy or phone number. After I read it, I'll delete the number or addy for you.
Brian

Top Bottom