'56 Chevy Pickup

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Hey guys,
Anyone else have a truck similar to my 56 Chevy 3100 pickup, I'm in the process of taking off the fenders and the whole front clip, I heard there are just a mere 6 bolts that hold on the whole front clip (inner and outer fenders and grille.) In short can someone please guide me, I have other questions too but I'll just check to see if anyone else here has knowledge in this truck first, thanks in advance
Jeff

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Just dive in, man! If I remember correctly, you can get that all off fairly easy (as long as the wires are all unhooked, etc.), but get a couple buds to help you--they made 'em out of heavier stuff back in '56!

And you'll need to get to know these guys-->> Golden State Pickup Parts
They have it all and know it all when it comes to Chevy Pickups.

Good luck! You got a sweet ride on your hands! :cool:

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
thanks XR, I actually have removed all visible bolts to the front clip but for some reason it wont come out, I have a feeling there are two bolts that go through the fenders into the hinges on the door, so I'm giong to do some more poking around, the next to come off is the bed. I've noticed too that the fenders have this coating on them that covers all the bolt heads and makes them very easy to round the tops, that plus I need to get some 6 sided sockets too. well thanks for the encouragement, now if I could just quit breaking the bolts I'd be fine:-)
Jeff

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…