Ripped off by FunMartCycle on KTM purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LukeRips

Layton said:
As they say; there are two sides to every story.

Before you guys all go ripping on FunMart Cycle and Tim

I don't think anyone was ripping on them so much as trying to help a fellow rider from being screwed out of serious cash for a hoopie. I do think the dealership should help him with some parts.

ironworker

America since 1908
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2004
munch said:
You know what really sucks here is that one guys perception is trashing a reputable dealer, after reading the response, I think someone should have done some more homework before buying a bike unseen.

I agree with you as far as doing more home work before buying a bike as I would never buy a bike unless I could see it in person.
I am not trashing the dealer whatsoever, I love my local dealer and wouldn't buy bikes from anyone else, My only thought is that I have 3 new 2004 bikes with well over 200 hours on them and none of which have leaky forks, squeaky shocks or holes in the seats.

I cant tell you if any of the things posted are true just that a new bike with 30 hours cant be thrashed as described unless Bubba borrowed it for a week.

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
Bike was advertised as having 100 miles, not 5000+ . Bike came with NO front rim lock and ONE rear one. Other parts missing were as described in my original post.
Problem for you Tim, is I have pictures (will post here soon as I figure out how), they are available for all the world to see, including the **** customer who emailed me this morning.
I expected the bike as advertised - a DEMO WITH ONE HUNDRED MILES!!!
I did not expect a new bike, even though that's what the bill of sale says. BTW, did you kinda neglect to pay USE
TAX while you were using the store's inventory for personal use?
I got facts backed up by pictures on my side Tim, all you got is your mouth.
"Seller funmartcycle asumes full responsibility for the content of this listing and the item offered"
Just keep it up, pal, I'm just getting started with you.

For anyone who want's to see the pics before I figure out how to post them email me at tahuyarat@comcast.net

btw, Tim, thanks for letting us know how you prep "your" bikes. I can use that.

Thanks also for just emailing me this:
"Do you read amadirectlink.com? I'm
allready famous."
You're going down, you pompus clown!

Tahuya Rat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 11, 2002
True Spode, I did indeed try to work things out with FMC. I spent a great deal of time detailing exactly what was wrong with the bike and getting prices for each and every part pre tim's request. Tim totally blew me off, then told me to bring it on, that's why I went this route. Later, he offered to send me fork seals & one gasket and called me a liar on the rest.
Now the A hole is sending me emails mocking me.
Just got a note on ThumperTalk, someone says they may know the kid who's been racing it. I gotta go check it out.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay...
That's as far as this thread goes. Both made their points, draw your own conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom