sameden

Jul 13, 2005
Ive always wanted a bike when i was a kid but have always lived in the burbs, about a year ago i rode my friends 125(i think) and fell in love with bikes. now that im older(16) and am able to get a job ive been wanting to see how feasible this is i live in Mechanicsville, Virginia and was wondering what bike i should get? Id rather ride on big open areas than wooded areas and was curious as to how virginia is for that type of riding

thanks for the help.

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
i also have another question what is the big difference between 4-stroke and 2-stroke? and for my preferred riding(open areas) which would be best?

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
If you are 16 and just plan on start riding in fields and such, my reccomendation for your first bike would be a Honda XR250. It is a great trail / farm bike and is relatively bullet-proof as far as reliability. It is a 4stroke based on older, much simpler, technology, so it is a bit heavier than the current Motocross bikes, 2stroke or 4stroke, but it is still capable of jumping and will be less trouble maintaining. In a year or so, you may decide you want to ride motocross or want something faster and can always get your money back out of a well taken care of XR (I reccomend you buy used from someone that maintains a bike properly to start with). During that time you can also get a chance to ride other people's 2strokes and other bikes and decide what your 'next' bike should be next year. If you love the XR250, there are a lot of hop-ups and mods you can do to it and hang on to it for years. If you want a great 2stroke trailbike to start with, the Kawasaki KDX is great and has a forgiving power band for a 2stroke.

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
Well ive thought about my options and have looked at used bike sites and have come to the conclusion that i want an under $2000 bike to ride on now and ill switch to street bikes when i turn 18. So im a pretty aggresive rider i would say from my riding experience so i dont think i will be afraid of a 2-stroke with that in mind what bike should i get.....i was thinking the yz125 what do yall think would be the best choice?

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
my dad said he will get me an f150 so i was wondering what is the best way to get the bike onto the truck and keep it there also around december what do you think will be the avg cost of a 98 yz125 or what do you think i can get for around 1500-2000?

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
also what else do you think i can purchase that is around the performance of a yz125 that is possibly the same price or cheaper and do you think that is the best bike in its class in 98.

Top Bottom