k.hirsch

Mar 3, 2008
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) 6'4, 220lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? very aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? jumps
4) Do you have any riding experience? have rode bmx for over 8 years
5) Do you think you will race ? with friends
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? very
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?no
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? all
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?around 2000
10) Do you live in California?no
11) Your age?20
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
very aggressive and i love to jump,

2 or 4 stroke?
size?
suspension?

any thing would be good

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
Okay so your aggressive on a BMX bike. Have you riden a dirt bike or have owned one. If not... your not aggressive. And you need to learn how to ride a bike first instead of just jumping one. And you do not want to have a 125 to jump when you weigh 220. You will hate it! Get a YZ 450 but get 06 or newer with that bike. But you just want to spend 2000 huh. Okay YZ 400 or 426. CR 500 is great for jumping too. World record air was set on one of those. Just get a bigger bike and don't get a 125. 250 will probably okay. :cool:

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
A 450F is a 250 for all practicable purposes. The 250 class of two strokes was replaced by the new breed of 450 four strokes.

If your thinking about the 400-500 two strokes of yesteryear then I would say no to one of those as your first bike unless I didn't like you. :laugh:

The 500 that set the world record in jumping is a bit miss leading. It was a purpose built aluminum frame bike that shares nothing with it's predecessor except the engine pieces.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom