602R

Apr 17, 2000
Does anyone know FOR SURE what ignitions are a direct swap/bolt on for a '73 Yamaha MX360? The stock ignitions were terrible and unreliable, as I can attest to. I've been told a '79 YZ400 will but they're impossible to find. Also was told a '75 DT250 will but apparently some are points ignitions and some are CDI ignitions. I don't mind switching the unreliable pulser coil & CDI ignition for a points ignition, I just want to make sure it fits before I buy it from some salvage yard in Pennsylvania or Michigan and have it shipped to me, only to find that it won't fit. PVL systems are available but are 500 dollars after shipping. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
not sure, they use to last a long time as long as the cover was water sealed, the condenser is what dies, points just file them a lil, i dont know what it will do for the hit/or balance/ if you go from big magneto to a light cdi/ small rotor unit
i had 2 for the rt 360 for years and junked them,no one wanted them, a lil to late they would have been cheap lol

Top Bottom