CRazy250

May 28, 2006
i need your opinion. do you think my cylinder is good? it has one bad gouge in the cylinder but i can barley feel it after i honed it. and also the exhaust bridge, i know it just makes the rings stay in place and dosent hold compression but is it good? i still need to measure the bore with bore mics but i lost them.. so give me your opinion on what you see.

scratch
exhaust bridge
bike

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
If thats all thats wrong and the diameter is ok it should run, would be better if it was perfect but I am running one worse than that, but im not racing just ride it for fun. COOL BIKE! :cool:

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
sweet aleats thats good, i have so much trouble with this bike.
1st i bought it for 80 dollars, it had a motor on it and a blown up motor in a box.
the blown up motor in the box was the original motor from 79 and it was obvious a retard owned it because the piston was melted to hell. it had a 10 over piston on it. then i was taking apart the motor on the bike and i found out i was dissasembling a mid 80's DS80 motor. i was pissed. then i came across a 1980 Rm80 motor on some site for bidding on things. i had won the motor for 112 dollars so i was pretty happy.i got the motor and took it apart to only find it was a 1977 motor. i contacted the seller and he was like oh sorry ill try to help you out here and eventually he never did. so i got scammed out of 150 dollars. i decided to split my blown up 1979 motor and ive been working on it ever since and the crank is toast but i took the good crank out of the ds80 motor and im in the process of getting the bottem end finished. i have no job and no cash flow. i just orderd a N.O.S rear fender for it for 30 dollars which is awesome, i still need to get plastics and a airbox and lots of other parts..........
heres some pics from before
old pic
old pic 2

Top Bottom