Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
Hey folks I was wondering if anybody knew the amount of resistance I should get from my 82YZ250 stator coils. I get 280 from one and none from the opther I think this may me the problem of why there is no fire.
Does anyone know where I may et a used coil set for this machine.
Thanks a bunch
Andyg

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
What do you mean by none? Is it open (infinite resistance), or shorted (zero ohms). I would look carefully at the pickup coils and the insulating material they live in. If they look fine I'd take that measurement again. Although it's not inconcievable that a coil may fail, it most likely would fail due to corrosion or heat, and if there are no signs of such abuse, check those readings again. If you have anywhere from 1 to 500 ohms I'd say they are okay.

Often times I've seen people get stumped on a lack of spark problem when it turns out to be just the cap or the high tension lead. These items are very inexpensive. Coils generally do not fail unless tortured somehow.

Coolector

Nov 25, 2003
Thanks for the reply, I get no reading on one of the coils I can't remember if its the small or the larger one. The other reading is like 350 ohmns. I have checked the primary/secondary out on the coil, tested all grounds/connections, replaced cdi with a known good one, the rotor is still magnetized and in good shape.
The stator coils look actually good but there the only thing not really checking out now. Trust me were pulling out our hair. we lost spark in one night, one minute it was running and then POOF!! Chanhes plugs with known good ones as well. Hopefully this will work, its being ordered tomorrow
Thanks
Andy

Top Bottom