red rider 03

Jul 16, 2003
i've ridden four-strokes for a few years and am now getting an 85 2-stroke. so could someone tell me what i need to do and how often i need to do it to keep it maintained.

mxchamp85

Apr 26, 2003
I have a Yz 85, and have been riding it for around 6 months. What i've learned is that it all depends on what your going to do. I race my bike, so i change my air filter and oil around every three races. Some would suggest at least every race, and even say every moto, but i see no need for that. The basic idea is find what works for you. Find out what you going to be doing with the bike, along with average conditions. This will help you find out what you need to do. Different conditions require different matinence issues.

red rider 03

Jul 16, 2003
i'm mostly going to be doing weekend trail riding and a race every now and then. so for the maintenance like how many hours until i need a new top end? pistons? and other stuff like that

red rider 03

Jul 16, 2003
i'm mostly going to be doing weekend trail riding and a race every now and then. do for the maintenace how many hours until i need a new top end? pistons? and any other stuff like that

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom