86 front end

jssport

Feb 20, 2003
so I got a call tonight telling me about a basket KX. After a little investigation I find out the rolling chassis and a disassembled motor are from a 1986 KX125.
The complete front end is there, but the rotor is bent and the inside cap is cracked partway (but not leaking). Of course the seals are blown, but after looking it all up on Kaw's website, it does have both compression and rebound dampning adjustments and air pressure preload. It does seem to have quite a bit more travel than my 90 KDX.
I know this isn't the latest and greatest suspension, but with all the recent posts on a KX swap lately, I don't want to pass up a good find.
I'm light (145-150 w/gear), and ride agressive untill I get tired and wreck then slow down, repeat....

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I would purchase anything 93 and up from kawi. That is when the suspension started to dominate. 86 is awfully old and it is not even perimeter framed. No disrespect to pre E-model kdxer's.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…