jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
hi
I just bought a CR250 and don't have a manual. If anyone can answer the following questions it would be much appreciated:
What is the normal spark plug gap?
Which of the shock adjustments are for compression damping?
How do you adjust the fork damping?
This bike don't have a kill switch but I've got one coming to me but need to know where to connect the wires to.
What is the normal distance from top of cylinder to top of exhaust port and to top of transfer ports. This bike has a sleeve and I want to make sure the port heights are correct.
I've taken off the transmission covers on the right side and now can't figure out how to position the actuator in the cover to match the lever in/on the transmission for the power valves. How is this done?
thanks guys!

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Hey there! I had that same bike! I still have my Clymer manual. It's in perfect shape. Only opened it to help with my fork seal replacement. I'll sell it to you if you need one. I sold the bike and still have the manual. $20 and its yours! let me know bro!
Matt

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
Sorry to say man, you will never get those those 1989 Honda CR250 Forks working correctly damping wise. The 1989 Honda CR250 had some of the worst Forks ever. Enjoy the bikes layout and power. Jean-Michele Bayle raced one in the first few 1989 AMA 250 Supercrosses and the 1989 Gainsville National and his bike was production just Modified by Pro Circuit. He ripped on that bike! Fred Andrews also did very well in the 250 Supercross and Nationals on that bike also Modified by Pro Circuit (before he was a woods guy).

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
NGK BR8ES plug

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
jaguar said:
well, these forks can't be any worse than the KDX forks that I raced MX with. As long as they don't bottom harshly I probably couldn't tell the difference anyway. That's what happens when you start riding MX on a bike with 6 inches travel! (Penton 125)

Penton 125? Lol thats way back. My first bike was a Yamaha 60 JT1. That thing had no suspension. Sad thing was I road and raced that thing in modern times. My mom went out and got if for me on Christmas Eve when I was like 10 years old. She didn't know that it was outdated. She was just being the best mom she could be.

I am taking it back "Old School" for fun this season and got a 1985 Honda CR125 project bike. Should be a fun year.

GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES with your 1989 Honda CR250. That is a great bike. Like I said Jean-Michele Bayle did a excellent job on a Production Based/Pro Circuit Modified one.

Oh yeah what style of riding are you doing? What class are you racing?

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
jaguar said:
I ride trails and pretend MX. but when I do race it will be in the over 50 class. I last raced when 46 in Paraguay and would beat all the young guys in the "enduro bike" class of MX.

That is really cool. I hope to be racing at age 50, Lord willing.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
work at it

I'm sorry but hoping you'll be good when 50 won't get it. You have to work at it. I basically lost my health when 22 and regained it with health food and supplements and avoiding foods I was somewhat allergic to. I've been a "health nut" ever since. People try to make fun of me in their ignorance but I always point out to them that they won't be laughing much when they are decrepid at 50 while I'm still out there having fun with a healthy, well cared for body.

SMMWest

Mod Ban
Dec 7, 2008
jaguar said:
I'm sorry but hoping you'll be good when 50 won't get it. You have to work at it. I basically lost my health when 22 and regained it with health food and supplements and avoiding foods I was somewhat allergic to. I've been a "health nut" ever since. People try to make fun of me in their ignorance but I always point out to them that they won't be laughing much when they are decrepid at 50 while I'm still out there having fun with a healthy, well cared for body.

I was a certified Personal Trainer, and am certified in Health, Diet and Fitness Principals also. Glad you were able to regain your health.

Top Bottom