Jul 22, 2004
FMF Powercore II silencer for 89 KDX 200?? good pipe for the buy? i can get it for 71 dollars out of a magazine :eek:

lol what about a 97 kawasaki 250 (not sure model type...2 stroke obviouslly) stock exaust on 89 KDX 200? i'd try it myself, but im not really able to ride or do anything right now.

Jul 22, 2004
wouldnt it give it more power then the stock exaust?

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Not really, the stock KDX exhaust flows pretty well. With the 89-94 stock exhausts you can cut out the reverse flow section and repack it. Between those it work pretty well. If you really want a new exhaust i'll swap you my pro circuit exhaust from my 89 for your stocker...

-Maurice

Jul 22, 2004
lol..it answerd everything BUT that....and i still dont know where babies come from :laugh:

i just wonderd if it would be worth buying because all my friends are like, oh man, u need to get a new exhaust!

and i dont know about all that suspension junk...i just like speed!!!!! :aj:

Jul 22, 2004
yea um... did i mention im on a tight budget? aand i come to this site TO learn. sorry if i missed that bit of information on the website..

Jul 22, 2004
yea i just got it a few weeks ago, but i havnt riddin it much since my accident, and i havnt picked my bike up from my friends house, its been sitting there since my accident, so i havnt even really gotten the chance to even examine it...you know what i mean? but yea, you told me to get a KX500 if i want speed...thats why i said im on a tight budget!..but i still havnt found anything on that kdx site about a aftermarket silencer, all i saw was the pipe mod. and im not really skilled at welding, so i thought an aftermarket silencer would give me a bit more power..all i was asking if it would be worth buying!...sorry. :ugg:

Jul 22, 2004
oh jeez..i just found the part about aftermarket silencer.. :yikes:...my bad...lol its in the 200vs220 showdown page...

"200 w/ torque pipe w/ aftermarket silencer. Same benefits as pipe only, but w/ a noticeable power increase at mid rpm, and slightly more on top. The mid rpm increase can be a mixed blessing; sometimes this extra power boost can actually make the bike harder to control in tight riding situations. Noise level depends on choice of silencer, which will be covered later."

but still i wonder if it would be worth buying an aftermarket silencer if i dont have an aftermarket pipe :think:

Jul 22, 2004
what if i got an aftermarket silencer now..then bought a pipe in the future?......or..use my money on sumthing else...i have 70$ right now..what should i do to it..as far as go fast stuff?

Jul 22, 2004
the bike was prevoiouslly rebuilt..and as i said, i havnt checked everything yet..so far ive only loc- tited all the sprocket bolts...and tightened the chain.

Top Bottom