'90 KDX 200 - Stock size of suspension link???

TheGDog

Sep 17, 2007
After doing a sh!tload of cleaning on this used bike... when I was cleaning the underneath it looks like the suspension may happen to have an aftermarket lowering link. But I'm not positive about this.

I believe this may be the case because of the low seat height I noticed this bike happened to have had. I immediately noticed it because I only have a 30" inseam.

That being said... I don't want to rob myself of any potential suspension travel what-so-ever. Especially on a KDX since they have an inch less to begin with.

And I'm used to riding tall-a$$ bikes anyway where I can only reach one foot down at a time. My first true big-bike was a 1982 Husqvarna 250XC with an almost 40" seat height and just over 13" at the rear.

So... what is the length (in mm I suppose?) of the stock suspension link?

After posting this question I'm gonna hit up the koubalink site and see if I can deduce what the stocker size is.

TheGDog

Sep 17, 2007
Hmmph... OK... maybe there ARE the standard links.. the Koubalinks aparantly have engraving on them. The ones I have do not. Oh well... I guess it just doesn't offer a lot of travel. :(

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
The stock ones are narrower in the middle, but aftermarket ones are usually flat on the edges. Look on bikepics.com and you can probably see a 1989 - 1994 KDX200 with the stock links.

Top Bottom