racrboy1987

Dec 27, 2004
Well, on my neverending quest for a dirtbike, I have stumbled across an old 91 Honda CR250. It was wrecked and has new top end, handlebars, and rear fender that was broken off. I think I may be able to get it for about 800-900 bucks, so I wanted to see if it would be a good beginner bike. I mostly trail ride, and I know the 2 strokes arent meant mainly for that, but its cheap and Im a beginner. Is there anything I should look out for, and year specific problems, tips on more low end torque? Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully Ill be part of the family soon.
Matt

rb

Jan 9, 2005
yo i am riding a 01 kx 250 and i am 15 and the bike is a great bike my m8 had a cr 250 and it was gr8 for going trails it is an ideal bike to learn on as a 125 might not have enough power and a bit bigger will be to much gd luck and have fun

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Make sure the bike is worth fixing up. Honestly look the bike over. Make a note of missing or damaged parts. Figure the bike needs a new top end (100.00) Look at the chain and sprokets. Dont forget the cables and levers.

I have seen some nice bikes sell for under 2000.00 that are ready to ride. I would not recommend buying the bike if it will be needing serious work. The "project bikes" usually end up costing twice what you have budgeted for.

racrboy1987

Dec 27, 2004
No, This thing just had a new top end, done by a Honda Tech that we spoke to at a local motocross event. Hes friends with my uncle and was doing all the work. Thanks guys, any more?

Top Bottom