'91 KDX 200 Fuel Problem

zzmongo

Mar 8, 2002
I own a 1991 KDX 200 with which I am really pleased with its performance. Recently, I got the bike out to ride and found fuel to be leaking from the bowl vent. I disassembled the carburetor and checked the float height and it was ok. I suspect the choke valve but cannot be sure. I checked the float for leaks by submerging it in a container of water for several hours to see if it would sink. The bike has a FMF Fatty pipe with the big legal spark arrestor, Boyesen Power Reeds and I'm currently running a 158 main jet. I've also replaced the needle all to no avail. Still loading up with fuel to the point if I do get the bike to run, raw fuel blows out the pipe on startup. Any suggestions or recommendations as to who I might send the carb to for repair. Would I be better off replacing the carb altogether? Thanks for any help!!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Perhaps the petcock at the bottom of the gas tank is not closing properly, allowing the carb to overflow and the engine to flood when the bike is being stored.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
i had the same prob on a 87 kx250.it turned out to be the float control valve.i changed it and no prob. just a guess

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…