91 kdx250

bcrob

Nov 6, 2002
I am looking at buying a 1991 KDX250. Is there any particular problems I should be watching for? I owned a 83 KDX250 and also wondering if the 91 cylinder bore is teflon coated as the 83 was. Can it be bored if need be?
Thanks in advance

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
The 91 bike has a few odd differences in respect to the speedo cable vs the 92-94 bikes.

Other than that, they are the same 91-94. I have seen some differences in the brake rotors, but the pattern seems to be the difference. The engines are based off a late 80 KX250 motor. Many of the parts you get like reeds and suspension bearings will be off the KX500 bikes. The bike shares a lot of parts from other bikes. I can give you list of what is needed, but I have it listed here:

http://mlbobbitt.home.attbi.com/kdx250/1991kdx250.html

There is a hop-up list at the bottom. Great bikes once you fix them up

patty

Jan 25, 2001
Hi Bcrob,

I'm not sure if it's of interest to you, but I am planning on selling my 1992 KDX250. If you are interested I can send you pics as well as a list of work that I've had done to it. I'm in Canada as well.

If you've already picked one up and ever have questions about your bike, feel free to give me a shout as well. patrickl@magma.ca

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…