92kdxrider

Jan 8, 2003
I was wondering if anyone here has used the 240cc (72mm) piston from Wiseco/LA Sleeve? Any feedback would be nice. I have around 5,000 miles on my bottom end and about 2,500 on the top and want to make it all nice and fresh again. I ride mostly in the deserts of southern CA and western AZ. I hit the trails in the local southern CA mtn areas fairly often as well. Altitudes range from sea level to about 8,000 maybe 9,000 feet. I ride mostly between 2500-6000. Any tips as far as engine mods, head work, porting, etc would be nice. I dont want to run race gas to make things easy and as of right now everything works/runs fine. Just be fun to have more all around power. I run 2 gearing setups. 12/47 for the tight stuff and 14/47 for the wide open days. Kinda like the 14/47 combo everywhere though. Dyno had it at 30 hp and 80 mph with the 14/47 gearing about 3 months ago and that was before I corrected a jetting problem after installing Boyseen reeds. Only other mods I have now are Pro Cicuit pipe, modified air box (drilled out... was bored one day many years ago) and a white brothers air filter. Anyother ideas or feedback would be nice. Thanks Brian

aussie_ab

Jan 4, 2003
Hey Brian. Yes I have the 240 Kit mod done with the Wiseco piston, not sure on the sleeve though, it was done here in Melbourne. The engine runs stronger, you will certainly notice it with the following mods... go with the highly acclaimed RC carb mod and send them your head to alter the squish area as well. You wont believe the difference. Happy roosting!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom