93 kdx 200

kelvinmercer

Aug 2, 2003
Hello I have posted before but had nil replies.
Info on rear gaurd for the KDX I am fixing up.
I want to go MX style and maybe have KX 250 side covers,
the tank is another option I would like to explore maybe all the gear off a 94 KX 250.
Come on you guys out there, someone must have done it, or knows someone who has, any info would be better than none, even if its a "get a life loser" or something.
Please help.

kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
if i were you i would go with the kx 500 look.A lot of plastic will fit with a minimum or no trimming they have a similar frame so i think it will be easyer if you want a mx look. my 2 cents.good luck

kelvinmercer

Aug 2, 2003

kelvinmercer

Aug 2, 2003
Sorry about the quote thing I am learning how to drive this thing, so please bear with me.
Thanks for the reply's there guys I did not think I would recieve any.
As to where I ride in Sydney I dont or have not riden here yet, but as soon as I get my baby up and running I will be.
I live out west Sydney Richmond area so if you know of any tracks give me a yell so I can check them out, I hear Lithgow is a pretty good ride but as yet I am still to find out.
Thanks for the KX 500 tips I will enquire about them.
Thanks again guys.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Well if you want to get used to the bike before you go on a bigger ride theres a place at South Maroota not far from you that is about 100acres of tracks its not to bad for a days ride but it'll cost ya about $20 to ride all day and $3-4 for spectators.insurance i think. if your interested about there ill come and join you for a ride email me at trevorsilk@optushome.com.au. tRev

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
Check it out .. here's what interchanges with an 89-94 KDX:

88-up KX500 seat cover/foam, side panels, rear fender, front fender, and number plate are direct bolt ons.
94-98 KX125-250 rear fender will fit with about a half hours worth of modifications
88-up KX500 tank and shrouds LOOKS like it will bolt up, but you might have to modify the shroud to radiator mount points a little. Have not tried this personally, but looking at the two shows a LOT of similarity.
94-02 KX250 number plate fits 93-94 KDX with inverted forks

Here's a pic of my 94 KDX with 98 KX fenders and number plate, and KX500 side panels:
http://cmccarthy55.home.mchsi.com/kdx/images/P7250015_JPG.jpg

Last edited:

kelvinmercer

Aug 2, 2003
Thanks for the info on the interchange stuff on the KDX your bike looks **** hot.
I hope to get mine looking as good.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…