'93 yamaha dt50 problem!! please look!

dt501993

Jun 28, 2009
alright so i have a 1993 yamaha dt50 and it runs usually well, but lately when i take it up to 4th and try to slow down,or down shift, the bike completely dies on me and i have to wait til i stop and start it back up again, but then if i bring it up to fourth and slow down again it dies? can anybody tell me whats wrong??

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
do the bike die like is run out of gas?
you down shift on a uphill with the throttle wide open when the bike is slowing down correct? thats when the bike die?

if yes, then you have little fuel going to the carb. may be a clogged tap, a bad fuel line, a dirty carb or a bad gas tank breather. on that bike the vent is located on the cap.

dt501993

Jun 28, 2009
no it just dies out after a straight away every time, i bring it up to 4th and then as soon as i start to slow down at the corner after it, the bike slowly dies as if the bike has been turned off.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Is the tank venting?

dt501993

Jun 28, 2009
i have no idea?? what does that mean, im not that great with the mechanics of the bike, i can fix some things, but i have no idea whats wrong with it

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If the tank IS NOT venting properly it would create a vacuum in the tank and the fuel would not flow until the vacuum bleeds off. This us usually caused by a blocked breather hose or a stuck valve in the cap. Easy to figure out, try riding it with like 1/4 tank of fuel and either a loose or no cap. If it doesn't do the same thing there is your problem.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom