94-KX forks is this a good year for the swap

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Hey, all you KDXers Went to first round Harescramble meet a Guy who has a 94 front end for sell every thing needed to do the converision for 200 dollars is this a good year or should I wait on a later more current year, there are 3 other's in line to buy but I have first dibs. He's going to bring them to the next race. Need a Quick Replie so I can call him to say yea or nay. Did'nt do well in race the trail was so woop out breaking bumbs had 3 & 4 gear peged most of the time but that front end danced all around in those big moon creaters, Got the gold vales 19-23 progressive the hole 9 yards. Will these up-side downer's do the trick after another revalue and spring change, Thanks, and any input greatly appreciated.

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
I replced mine with 2000 KX250 forks. Works well beyond my expectations.

I can't really say whether or not 10 year old KX forks will be better than what you already have. the USD forks will be less prone to flexing and you will have rebound damping adjustment. As far as I know... 1996 and newer were the forks that really perfomed well.

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
94s will do just fine. I believe that 94 was the year that Kawasaki got there suspension right. I had 94 KX 250 forks on my kdx but my bike fell off of a trailer destroying on of the forks, now I have 94 KX 125 forks on, but I have only had one small ride on the 125's, and the seals leak so I didnt get a chance to really see what all shes got, yet. New forks might work a little bit better, but the 94s will do fine.
Ben

gjc32

Jan 9, 2004
I think its a waste to put anything earlier than '99. I believe '99 was the first year for "modern" suspension at 46mm's. I ride an '04 KDX220 and have been looking into a KX swap. Anything might be an upgrade, but for the money I am going to put modern technology on my new bike, not something that is 10 years old.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Thanks so far for the info need a little more help from you al out their , He said the forks look like new and redone by Pro Circuit he was going to do the converision last year on his 220, But wanted more motor and found a good deal on the 03 KX-250 sold the 220, so now the forks are up for grabs.

Top Bottom