94 wr250 help

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
ok so i got this thrashed 1994 wr 250 for free about a year and a half ago. it was basically half a bike (glamis: broken shock, linkage etc.) for free none the less. i made sure it ran. and it did sounded awsome actually, but a year and a half later and a few bucks on **** i finally got it on 2 wheels. now it wont start i went through the carb its good new plug good spark compression, but wont start keeps flooding out of the exhaust <raw fuel> the plug will be literally dripping wen i pull it and after i get frustrated and leave it over night fuel now leaks out the left crank seal into the stator cover, the only thing i could think of is leak down but why so much fuel.this is all after just 5 or 6 kicks. cuz it did run and im jonesin' fer a ride.... i need some help please...
thanks
brian

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
CHR!S said:
wrong forum, you might be looking for thumper central :whoa:

A 94 WR250 isn't a thumper. Sounds like you have a needle and seat that is stuck open.So you either have some junk holding it open or the float sunk.

Steve

CHR!S

Jun 30, 2006
splatt said:
A 94 WR250 isn't a thumper. Sounds like you have a needle and seat that is stuck open.So you either have some junk holding it open or the float sunk.

Steve

oh, my bad; thought wr's were four strokes? :coocoo:

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
it is a 2 stroke.... and i thought the float and needle seat thing to but the floats float and the needle seats and seals no fuel comes outta the carb. but i dont know anything about exhaust valves anything possibly wrong with that?

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I don't think that would be the problem. My 94 YZ has essentially the same engine so I'm at a loss as to what it could possibly be especially since I can look at it in person. Good luck on getting it fixed.

Steve

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
CHR!S said:
oh, my bad; thought wr's were four strokes? :coocoo:

I believe that most all the WR's made before 98 were 2-stroke but I could be wrong.

Steve

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
pull carb
make sure needle/seat are GOOD (no groove on needle)
make sure you pull the pilot jet and clean it (small jet down inside the hole beside the main jet)
make sure you have good compression (compression tester- 100lbs min.)

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
well i got it to fire i got mad so i kicked and kicked and kicked with the throttle wide open and it fired up and was extremely flooded then wen i let off the throttle before it cleared up it died and no luck since then a few pops and backfires but no more starting my leg is dead now i need a freind to pull me or something......... good news!!!! i got it running, pretty good none the less. but i still got a problem. up on top right wen it starts to get fun it kinda falls on its face i guess i could describe it as bogging. any ideas????

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2004
that dude was right. check float levels and or needle and seat or just replace needle and seat. easy fix really. Wr were 2 strokes up untill a few years ago. they even made a wr490 air cooled for a while that was a 2 stroke and a wr200 2 stroke, if i remember right, didnt see to many around though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…