0ooo0

Oct 29, 2006
hey could any of you guys help? i have a yz 125 it was running fine prefect no problems for a while, then wen my dad goes to take it for a spin it he throttles it and it stalls, we checked the spark plug cleaned it hundreds of times nothing, what could it possibly be? the spark plug gets spark everytime but it still wont start. It gets plenty of fuel. any suggestions? ive heard from my friend it was the reeds as his 98 did the same thing. could anything else be doing this? :bang:

Yz 125eR

Jun 26, 2006
i have an 01 yz 125 and had similar troubles. was fine when i got it then fouled plug after plug. i was loosing gear oil so i replaced the crank seal. was still fouling plugs! every one i asked said it could be jetting probs or mixing the fuel/oil too rich. *mixing ratios is irrelivant to fouling plugs* i finaly adjusted the carb bowl level and its been sweet since! ive been on heaps of MASSIVE rides and havent even had to clean the plug once, give the bowl a chek and see what happens.

Yz 125eR

Jun 26, 2006
oh yeh, ive had a spark plug that seemed fine when i checked it by connecting it, earthing it and crankin it. and found it was failing under compression!

Top Bottom