prozach117

Apr 7, 2003
I'm a new member and having difficulty finding info in the archives.

Have a 95 KDX 200, FMF pipe and silencer, recently added 1 1/4 lbs flywheel weight. Stock jetting and needle in middle. I ride norallly at 6-9000 ft.

What i;m still experiencing is power response at midrange. Low and hi seems to ge OK with a still to quick response to hi from mid even with the flywheel. Midrange is too doggy and either stalls or when clutched for higher rpm, causes too much power to prevent smooth acceleration. Have the similar setup on a 92 KDX which has better power (rpm) control and power.

Any suggestion relating to jetting or anything else would be appreciated.

Thanks, Prozach

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Kind of sounds like a rich needle setting. You might want to click the 'Every rider ... JustKDX' link at the top of this forum. It will have some good starting points for jetting. Read that first, but from memory I think Dave generally suggests a 45P and 155M, with needle in #2 from top (leaner than middle). With your altitude even that combination will likely be kind of fat. Keep in mind that your pipe, premix ratio, etc. can all have an influence. If you have the -30 pipe, you may need to go 1 richer on the main, from what I've read (personally I like my -35).

Also take note of the air box mods, if yours is still stock.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom