96 360 Power Valve Setting

reddoghd

Apr 3, 2005
Just Rebuilt Top End On Bike. Not To Experienced In Doing This. I Had Took The Power Valve Off To Have The Cylinder Repaired. Thought I Put It All Back The Same Way But Now I Have No Top End Power. It Justs Bogges Down.where Do The 2 Outside Ports Need To Be When The Power Valve Is Down At Its Lowest Point? Help Please I Did Something Wrong.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll send Greenhorn your way, he has the factory service manual for the 360 I sold him.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Patman said:
I'll send Greenhorn your way, he has the factory service manual for the 360 I sold him.

I appreciate the nomination. :think: Gimme a bit and I'll see if I can dig it up for you.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Here's the pic I have in the owners manual for the power valve assembly. There isn't much of a description on how to put it back together, but only how to take it apart. I'll keep digging and see if I can come up with more pics and/ or descriptions

Attachments

• powervalve copy.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,491

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
He needs the X/Y/Z dimensions to get it adjusted properly I believe. Look in the engine manual I gave you.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Alright Pantyman, don't get 'em in a wad. Let me see what else I can do for him.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
But aren't the X/Y/Z demensions part of the TWC (Twin Valve Control)? The Power Valve is a whole other beast according to my manuals.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
How 'bout you just split the cases instead. I got all kinds of pics and info on how to do that. :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Ok, I've got pics and info for the "Z" dimension for the Power Valve. There's no mention of an x or Y. I'll need an email I can send this too though. The file size is too big to load onto this thread.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…