96 cr80r oppinion?

weety62

Damn Yankees
Apr 24, 2007
hey, i just wanted some oppinions on a 96 cr80r. if anyone has one please let me know what it is like, i have been racing bikes for 7 years and am about to purchase a cr. any thoughts, good points, bad points??

FMF Rider

Jun 15, 2007
I have a 1997 cr80r expert which besides the big wheels and longer swing arm, is the same thing as a 1996 cr80r. They are very good bikes with excellent top end power but very little down low which requires you to use the clutch a little more. The bikes come stock with Showa suspension and D.I.D rims and if you have been racing for 7 years I think you will be happy with this bike as it is more of a motocrosser than an offroad bike. My bike has not had any major problems yet besides its fork seals leaking,(getting them replaced tomorrow) so I can say it is pretty reliable. If you need any more info on this bike at all, post a reply and I will do my best to answer! :ride:

X-Rider

Apr 11, 2007
i have the exact bike(96 cr80r)...i love it, its a little bit weak in the bottom but once your gin ull really get an adrenaline rush....i just got my engine bored to 100cc....it rips:)

motocross3

Jan 30, 2008
we had a 98 cr80 a couple years ago when i was 10, i don't know if its the same but i loved that thing, then my mom sold it cause my dad broke his leg (finally got her to get me another one. That thing was awesome

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…